If you’re looking for places to have a delicious meal when you visit, Galveston Island’s a variety of restaurants is ready to serve you and your family. Our local chefs and restaurants are cooking up inspiring dishes that will tempt any pellets. Graves on restaurants will leave you craving for more, from our waterfront restaurants preparing the freshest seafood to our mouth-watering burgers that will delight your mouth-watering sweet tooth.
1. Gaidos Seafood Restaurant
Gaidos Seafood Restaurant is one of the best places to eat in Galveston. The restaurant offers a wide variety of seafood dishes, as well as a few other options for non-seafood lovers. The atmosphere is casual, but the service is excellent. Gaidos is located right on the waterfront, so you can enjoy a beautiful view of the bay while you eat. The menu is reasonably priced, and the portions are generous. If you’re looking for a great seafood meal in Galveston, Gaidos is definitely worth checking out.
- Cocktail shrimp: chilled with soldier shrimp served with cocktail sauce and rémoulade. Price – $18.00
- Texas blue crab claws: chilled, fried or salted. Price– $30.00
- Savoury crabmeat cheesecake: texas blue crab, brown butter almond shortbread crust, ricotta cream cheese filling, finished with a creole meunière sauce. Price– $25.00
- Deluxe shellfish tower: oysters on the half shell, texas jumbo lump crab salad, chilled gulf shrimp and chilled blue crab claws served with varieties of traditional sauces. Price– $104.00
- Jazz Martin: crab meat and cocktail shrimp tossed with avocados and heat of palm. Price -$17.00
- Crab avocado: jumbo chilled lump crab served over fresh sliced avocado with freshly made rémoulade. Price-27.50
- Spinach crab dip: jumbo crab lump with a bowl of three cheese bacon spinach dip served with garlic bread. Price– $21.00
- Asparagus Michael: Asparagus jump coated with parmesan floor, topped with jumbo lump crab, and finished with lemon beurre blanc. Price – $26.00
- Jumbo Lump Crab Cake: this is our signature lump crab cake, made with jumbo limp and panko bread crumbs, topped with fresh jumbo lump crab and beurre blanc. Price– $31.50
- Chicken ponzini: chicken grilled with charcoal, with wild mushroom swiss cheese cream sauce.
Address/contact: 3828 sea wall Blvd, Galveston, Texas 77550, Amurka. Or call +1 409-761-5500
2. The Spot
Nestled on the corner of 21st and Strand, The Spot is one of the best places to eat in Galveston. The menu features a variety of seafood dishes, including shrimp and grits, oysters Rockefeller, and crab cakes. There’s also a wide selection of non-seafood items, such as chicken-fried steak and tenderloin filet. And for those who want to enjoy the view of Galveston Island, The Spot has an outdoor patio that overlooks the harbor. No matter what you’re in the mood for, The Spot is sure to have something that will tantalize your taste buds. So next time you’re looking for a great meal in Galveston, be sure to check out The Spot. You won’t be disappointed.
- Spot burger: lettuce, tomatoes, pickle, mayonnaise, mustard. Price– 10.99
- Sweet and spicy burger: smoked gouda, fried Japanese strip, lettuce, BBQ, bacon jam. –price– 13.99
- Shrimp Kisses: five gulf shrimp studded with pepper jack cheese with bacon and served on a bed of onion strings with a side of ranch. Price– $11.39
- Chicken Tinga Nachos: topped with queso, beans, pico de gallo, jalapenos, sour cream and guacamole. price– $9.99
- Bacon- Cheddar Jalapenos: Freshly grated cheddar cheese, bacon and cream cheese stuffed jalapenos, served on a bed of fried onion strings with a side of ranch. Price– $7.59
- Ulster on the Half shell: raw Ulster served cold over a bed of rice with lemon wedges, horseradish, cocktail sauce and crackers. Price for half dozen- $8.59 Price for one dozen- $15.49
- Spot sampler: hotwings, shrimp kisses, fried pickles, calamari, hand-dipped onion rings and bacon cheddar jalapenos. Price– $16.99
Address/contact; 3204 seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX 77550, Amurka. Or call +1 409-621-5237.
3. Willie G’s Seafood and Steaks
Willie G’s is one of the best places to eat in Galveston. The seafood is fresh and the steaks are cooked to perfection. The menu features a wide variety of seafood, steaks, and other dishes, and the service is outstanding. Whether you’re looking for a romantic evening out or a fun night with friends, Willie G’s is the place to be.
- Seared peppered Tuna Rolls: ahi tuna, avocado, wasabi, cucumber and soy sauce. Price-$19.00
- Crab and Spinach Stuffed Shells: roasted red pepper sauce, Béchamel sauce and parmesan cheese. Price-13.00
- Shrimp Cabo: stuffed with Jack pepper cheese, wrapped in bacon, roasted red pepper sauce and pico relish. Price-$14.00
- Seafood Quesadilla: Crawfish, shrimps, crabs, served with corn pico relish and pepper Jack cheese. Price– $14.00
- House salad: mixed greens with cucumber, grape tomatoes, radishes and hearts of palm. Price– $9.00
- Steak salad: mixed greens with a heart of palm, egg, red onions, tomatoes, eggs, radishes, avocado, Parmesan cheese and Italian vinaigrette. Price– $21.00
- Fruitti Di Mare: a combination of shrimps, crawfish, scallops and calamari tossed with angel hair pasta in a light tomato sauce. Price– $23.00
- Shrimp or Chicken Fettuccine: creamy alfredo sauce and fresh Roma tomatoes. Price– $20.00
- Lobster Bites: tempura and panko bread crumbs. Price-$20.00
- Iceberg wedge: bacon, blue cheese crumbles, diced tomatoes, ranch dressing, and homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Price– $11.00
Address/contact: 2100 Harborside Dr, Galveston, TX, 77550, Amerika. Or call +1 409-762-3030.
4. Little Daddy’s Gumbo Bar
Little Daddy’s Gumbo Bar is one of the best places to eat in Galveston. The seafood gumbo is excellent, and the shrimp po’boy is definitely worth trying. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed, making it a great place to enjoy a meal with friends or family. And be sure to save room for dessert – the beignets are simply delicious! So if you’re looking for a great meal in a fun and friendly environment, be sure to check out Little Daddy’s Gumbo Bar. You won’t be disappointed.
- Crispy fried calamari: flavourful calamari fried in a crispy and light batter, serves with marinara sauce and a lemon wedge. Price– $13.21
- Southern Fried okra: served with your choice of blue cheese or ranch. Price– $8.61
- Jacked-up jalapenos: Large golden fried jalapenos stuffed with crab, crawfish and shrimp. (4pc). Price– $13.21
- Bacon-wrapped shrimp: bacon-wrapped cheese stuffed with jalapenos jack cheese. Price – $13.21
- Gumbo Bar Garbage: crab, blackened shrimp, crawfish and sausage served with white rice. -price-$16.09
- Creole Seafood Empanadas: a dough of pastry filled with crab, sausage, cheese celery, shrimp, bell pepper and onion. Topped with crawfish etouffee. Price– $13.21
- Caesar salad: fresh romaine lettuce with shredded parmesan cheese, garlic croutons, with signature caesar dressing. price– $7.99
- Lil daddy seafood jumbo: shrimp, oyster and crab served with steamed white rice. Price– $16.09
- Little daddy’s big sampler: Bacon-wrapped shrimps, fried okra, jacked-up jalapenos and parmesan garlic bread. Price– $ 18.99
- Little Daddy’s house special chicken: blackened chicken topped with crawfish etoufee, with grilled touted squashed and white rice. Price -$17.24
Overall, there are many great places to eat in Galveston. For those looking for fresh seafood, there are a number of excellent options, including Gaido’s, Fisherman’s Wharf, and the Dolphin Reef Café. For those craving Tex-Mex fare, Pappasito’s Cantina and Chez Nous offer delicious renditions of classic dishes.
And for those in search of a truly unique dining experience, the Tremont House provides an elegant setting with views of the waterfront. No matter what your taste, you’re sure to find a great meal in Galveston.